Terms inside quotation marks in this Policy have the following meanings:
“Customer” means a prospective, current or former customer of Garden Imports UK Ltd. The term shall also include any individual agent, employee, representative, customer or client of the Customer where we have obtained his or her Personal Data from such Customer as part of its business relationship with the Customer.
“Data Subject” means an identified or identifiable natural living person about whom Personal Data is being processed.
“Employee” means an employee (whether temporary, permanent, part-time or contract) of Garden Imports UK Ltd. An employee may be a resident of a country within the European Economic area.
“Europe” or “European” refers to a country in the European Economic Area.
“Personal Data” as defined under the European Union Directive 95/46/EC, Personal Data means data that personally identifies or may be used to personally identify a person, including an individual’s name in combination with country of birth, marital status, emergency contact, salary information, terms of employment, job qualifications (such as educational degrees earned), address, phone number, e-mail address and password. Personal Data does not include data that is de-identified, anonymous, or publicly available. For Switzerland, the term “person” includes a natural person and a legal entity, regardless of the form of the legal entity.
“Sensitive Data” means Personal Data that discloses a Data Subject’s medical or health condition, race or ethnicity, political, religious affiliations, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
“Third Party” means any individual or entity that is neither Garden Imports UK Ltd nor an employee, agent, contractor or representative of Garden Imports UK Ltd.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect and process the following information:
- We may collect your name, contact information, e-mail address and any information provided freely by filling out any “Form” function through the website. Such personal information is only used for the purpose for it was provided, unless you have opted in to receive further communication on a regular basis. All personal information is retained, erased and/or disposed of in compliance with all applicable laws.
- We may collect your name, contact information, e-mail address and any other information provided to us when you submit a request or an order for a “Trial” or “Demo” or “Quote” for a Product and/or Service. Garden Imports UK Ltd will only use this information to process and answer your request or to manage Intelogy everyday business needs relating to each request.
- Our website collects information about your computer, including (where available) its IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up domains and to report on statistics.
- Details of your visits to our website, the pages viewed and resources accessed or downloaded, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may directly collect analytical data or use third-party analytical tools and services such as Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our service. These analytical tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that may assist us in improving our service.
We may also, without limitations, collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with Garden Imports UK Ltd on the website:
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to allow us to follow a user’s activity on the site including; page views, source and time spent on our website. We use this information to gather reports to help us improve our site. This information is then collected and reformatted to be displayed as statistical information as numbers, which means that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. Users may opt out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
What we do with the information
Commercial and marketing communications
We use the information we collect or receive, such as your email address, to communicate directly with you. When you agree to opt in to any communication with Garden Imports UK Ltd we may send you emails from time to time. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may request to Opt Out from receiving such email.
If you’re a customer we may also use the information to send you service-related emails (e.g. account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not Opt Out of service-related emails.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, nor will we sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or it is required by law to do so. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will retain any data you submit for as long as it is relevant for the process for which it was collected.
Opting Out and Unsubscribing
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
Upon request Garden Imports UK Ltd will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your information not be used to contact you
- To request that your information be removed from any mailing list that we use
- To request that your information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being contacted by Garden Imports UK Ltd
You may not transfer your rights under this policy to another person.
This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England & Wales.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
You may also Unsubscribe or Opt out from our marketing communications by replying to any of our emails at any time requesting to unsubscribe.
Cookies are small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are created when you first visit a website — It uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site.
You can choose to accept or decline the cookie. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note if you do – this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Storing Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that any personal information residing in our systems is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place a range of suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. These in turn rely upon the security systems of third party providers, such as Microsoft.
If password access is required for certain parts of the website, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
We endeavour to protect your personal data. However, transmission of data over the internet is not always secure and is done at your own risk.
Be amongst the first in the UK to receive the Landzie Peat Moss Spreader. Quantities are limited, and orders will be placed on a first-come, first-served basis, so please buy now to avoid disappointment.